Maplin SIM900 GPRS/GSM for Arduino
The SIM900 GSM/GPRS Shield provides you a way to use the GSM cell phone network to receive data from a remote location. The shield allows you to achieve this via any of the three methods:
- Short Message Service
- GPRS Service
The GPRS Shield is compatible with all boards which have the same form factor (and pinout) as a standard Arduino Board. The GPRS Shield is configured and controlled via its UART using simple AT commands. Based on the SIM900 module from SIMCOM, the GPRS Shield is like a cell phone. Besides the communications features, the GPRS Shield has 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC.
- Based on SIMCom‘s SIM900 Module
- Quad-Band 850 / 900/ 1800 / 1900 MHz – would work on GSM networks in all countries across the world.
- Control via AT commands – Standard Commands: GSM 07.07 & 07.05 | Enhanced Commands: SIMCOM AT Commands.
- Short Message Service – so that you can send small amounts of data over the network (ASCII or raw hexadecimal).
- Embedded TCP/UDP stack – allows you to upload data to a web server.
- Speaker and Headphone jacks – so that you can send DTMF signals or play recording like an answering machine.
- SIM Card holder and GSM Antenna – present onboard.
- 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC (all 2.8 volt logic) – to augment your Arduino.
- Low power consumption – 1.5mA(sleep mode)
- Industrial Temperature Range – -40°C to +85 °C
- M2M (Machine 2 Machine) Applicatoions – To transfer control data using SMS or GPRS between two machines located at two different factories.
- Remote control of appliances – Send SMS while you are at your office to turn on or off your washing machine at home.
- Remote Weather station or a Wireless Sensor Network : Create a sensor node capable of transferring sensor data (like from a weather station – temperature, humidity etc.) to a web server (like pachube.com).
- Interactive Voice Response System – Couple the GPRS Shield with an MP3 Decoder and DTMF Decoder (besides an Arduino) to create an Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS).
- Vehicle Tracking System – Couple the GPRS Shield with an Arduino and GPS module and install it in your car and publish your location live on the internet. Can be used as an automotive burglar alarm.
- Supply Voltage: 5V (VDC)
- External Power Jack: 4.8-5V DC
- Current Draw: 50mA (Typical) 450mA (Max) 1.5mA (Sleep)
- Power Button
- Dimensions (LWH): 110x58x19 (mm)
- Make sure your SIM card is unlocked.
- The product is provided as is without an insulating enclosure. Please observe ESD precautions specially in dry (low humidity) weather.
- The factory default setting for the GPRS Shield UART is 19200 bps 8-N-1. (Can be changed using AT commands).
Click Here for the Linksprite SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield Support Page
|Dimensions||12 × 7 × 6.8 cm|
Header pins soldered on
Header pins not soldered onto board
12v Siren 108dB IoT£19.99Add to basket
12v Siren 108dB IoT Edition This Mini Wired Strobe Siren is usually used together with an alarm security system and when activated produces a 108 dB alternating siren with LED strobe. IoT compatible this unit comes pre-installed with TASMOTA firmware and this siren can be utilised with HACS, Home Assistant, Alexa, Google Home, Apple HomeKit …
Laser Sensor Module£2.79Add to basket
Laser Sensor Module This laser receiver sensor module uses a non-modulated laser receiver to detect the laser signal. It is best used indoors where there is no light, sunlight or other sources of light which will interfere with the sensor, recommended for use in dark environments. Specifications: Voltage : 5v Output high level when receiving …
Olimex ESP32-POE-ISO£31.85Read more
Olimex – ESP32-POE-ISO (Rev. D) All in one module! ESP32 with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet 100Mbps, PoE + Isolation, LiPo charger, USB and microSD… The Olimex ESP32-POE-ISO really does have it all. ESP32-PoE is an IoT WIFI/BLE/Ethernet development board with Power-Over-Ethernet feature. The PoE is handled by Si3402-B chip that is IEEE 802.3-compliant, including pre-standard …
Maplin pcDuino Development Board v2
The Maplin pcDuino v2 is a high performance, cost effective mini PC platform that runs PC like OS such as Ubuntu. It outputs its screen to HDMI enabled TV or monitor via the built in HDMI interface. It is specially targeted for the fast growing demands from the open source community. The platform could run …